Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 28, 2011

As Long As I Have My Angel, I Know I’ll Survive

He walks the earth

His head hanging low.

He does not see

The things I do:

The perfect smile

That could light up a room,

Eyes full of mystery

Yet so stunning,

A heart of gold,

And an amazing personality.

His what every girl wants,

What every girl needs.

But he’s not with just any girl;

He’s with me.

And I’m thankful.

Though there is so much bad

That we must go through,

We can conquer it.

.:x:.

Day after day,

Worry fills my gut.

The pains get stronger,

And the suffering

Continues.

When will it end?

.:x:.

Night after night,

A flood of tears

Leave my eyes.

I merely want

The pain to cease.

Is that too much to ask?

.:x:.

Obstacle after obstacle,

I’m wearing down.

About to crack,

About to snap.

How much more of this

Can I take?

.:x:.

Day after day,

Here I stand,

A smile upon my face.

A grin so wide,

I can’t erase it.

And I blame you.

.:x:.

Night after night,

Sweet dreams fill

My worried mind.

With images of you

Invading each scene,

How could I not be at peace?

.:x:.

Obstacle after obstacle,

I’m still fighting.

With you in my life,

Standing at my side,

I have nothing to lose.

I know I can win every time

No comments: